5.29.2011

Mississippi Mud Studios

Since my appendectomy almost 6 six weeks ago, I had only been to the studio once to pick up my pieces from the wood fire.  :( I have been working on a piece at home and have plans to enter a few shows this summer. I signed up for the Iowa Clay Conference which is in September. Go here to find out about the conference.  I recently purchased a Canon Rebel SLR camera package, so I thought I should post some pictures I took with it.  Below are pics of Mississippi Mud Studios, the ceramics studio I belong too. I cant wait to finish the piece I am working on and am very nervous, but I will post pictures of that shortly.

Downtown Dubuque, IA. Warehouse district, 7th St. Exterior. Mississippi Mud Studios is located on the first half of the second floor.
Front Door. 

 View from the front door: Inside the studio.  Main classroom.  Handbuilding tables, Potter's wheels, slab roller, wedging table, classroom shelves.
To the right of the front door. Clay and glaze material storage area. 
My space.  at least 10x10.
Clay making room and Glaze Lab.





Ron's Space
The two studio kilns.
Gary's space and the door to the sinks/toilet


Thanks for reading.  Hollie

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great studio! And thank you for mentioning the Iowa Clay COnference....did you attend in 2011? Im on the Ceramics Center board in Cedar Rapids and I'm glad to hear the word is getting out about the conference.

    ReplyDelete