5.04.2011

One Year as A Post-Undergrad

It has been almost exactly a year since I graduated from UHA. So far I have moved halfway across the country, moved in with Zach, got a full-time job at a garden center and became a member at Mississippi Mud Studios. I was accepted into a juried show and won an honorable mention, got a cat named Daisy, gone home for a funeral, went to NCECA in Tampa,  had my ruptured appendix removed, and participated in an Adamah firing in Dodgeville, Wisconsin.

Zach will be halfway done with Palmer College of Chiropractic in almost a month.  He has four trimesters left, and probably a Study Abroad tucked in there somewhere.  Then to the East Coast!

I am working on finishing the body of work I started in August and applying for a few shows and a residency. An affordable electrostatic flocking applicator just entered the craft flocking market, which would yield professional flocking results.  With an electrostatic applicator, the flock particles would be negatively charged, and attracted to the adhesive, so they would stand on their ends instead of lying flat on their sides, like with the shaker or puff method.  Thank god and I hope this thing works, because the squeeze bottle method makes your hand hurt.

NCECA was a great time, it was refreshing to be back in your own world, when everyday life can suck the fun out of art, or suck the art out of art or the life out of art ya know.   Plus it always rules to see Walter and Diane in the same day.

The woodfire I recently had work is located at:   bethelhorizons.org 

My Studio Space

Shelves and my green wall

Mountains in Progress

Mountains in Progress

Land Sculptures- bisque

No comments:

Post a Comment